School Based & Youth Diversion Programs
Our school-based programs, typically focused on diversion practices and restorative approaches, include:
- Peer Power, geared to empower and support youth through intervention and prevention
- Restorative Approaches, providing students the opportunity to engage in positive restoration in dealing with conflict
- Extrajudicial Sanctions & Measures
- Justice Circles, an alternative to court proceedings, involving community volunteers, the victim, the youth, and their families
- Youth Counseling (including Time to Think, Get a Grip, Choices), early intervention and preventative programs offered in both group and individual formats
The Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services has released a Children and Young Persons’ Rights Resource.
The Rights Resource is a website designed to support children and young persons’ receiving services under the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, 2017.
Click here to access this resource.